Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ninjabean87

TGC2: FLM Tour - Handicap Vote

Tour Handicaps   11 members have voted

1. 1. Should we use handicaps?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

Bit of a debate at how they could be broken, would you like to see them stay or removed?

As I can't vote in the poll I'm saying that we should keep them

Keep. Can't change everything because Rhino didn't win this time 

Goldenbeard and Tiernobyl like this

Maybe have the major as scratch and everything else with handicaps?

Dom86Gtfc likes this

I'm a bit conflicted on this. The problem I see is if we remove handicaps guys may say there is no point in entering the competitions as HeWhoCanNotBeNamed will win all the time.  On the other side you can "build" your handicap between events BUT I don't think any of us here are trying to do this.

The Firestone tournie my aim was to beat Tunners are we are similar level and after the first two rounds I was waaayyy back on the leaders so needed something to aim for.

I do like Dickie's suggestion of the major being a scratch competition.

8 minutes ago, Berty44 said:

I'm a bit conflicted on this. The problem I see is if we remove handicaps guys may say there is no point in entering the competitions as HeWhoCanNotBeNamed will win all the time.  On the other side you can "build" your handicap between events BUT I don't think any of us here are trying to do this.

The Firestone tournie my aim was to beat Tunners are we are similar level and after the first two rounds I was waaayyy back on the leaders so needed something to aim for.

I do like Dickie's suggestion of the major being a scratch competition.

I'd still play but I'm so much worse than most of you what would I have to aim for

Last tournament with my handicap I had the aim to be able to win it, scuppered by Joe building his up of course

Why not have a mixture of events? Don't handicapped, some not, youcam do stableford rather than strokeplay too so if you f**k up on one hole you're not out of it 

33 minutes ago, Gazdavis11 said:

Why not have a mixture of events? Don't handicapped, some not, youcam do stableford rather than strokeplay too so if you f**k up on one hole you're not out of it 

I would prefer this sort of s**t, stroke play gets boring real quick.

A matchplay would be awesome as well.  

What's stableford game all about then?

4 hours ago, Joe said:

Keep. Can't change everything because Rhino didn't win this time 

This is pretty ironic considering the massive hissy fit you pulled over the King of the Hill Fifa handicap :lol:

2 hours ago, Gazdavis11 said:

Exactly my point .... mix it up a bit. 

Goldenbeard is the best player but has no chance of winning a handicap tournament. 

Where is the sense in that ? 

17 minutes ago, ninjabean87 said:

What's stableford game all about then?

So each hole has a stroke index, 18 being easiest to 1 being hardest. If my handicap is 2, I'll get a shot on stroke index 1 and 2, if it was 18 I'd get a shot on every hole. 

You get points per hole so a net par par is 2 points, net birdie 3 points, net bogey 1 point, anything more than bogey 0 points. You could take a 10 on 1 hole and not be any worse off than someone scoring a double bogey.

its a decent format 

15 minutes ago, Red Rhinoceros said:

Goldenbeard is the best player but has no chance of winning a handicap tournament. 

How not?  He's won two already, one was not handicap the other was, wasn't it?  I could have won the last tournament but ended tied with you, missed so many putts on my last two rounds.  Easily enough to shoot better than Joe at -14.

And with the s**te he shot on that easy course I'm surprised you are saying he is the best. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Gazdavis11 said:

So each hole has a stroke index, 18 being easiest to 1 being hardest. If my handicap is 2, I'll get a shot on stroke index 1 and 2, if it was 18 I'd get a shot on every hole. 

You get points per hole so a net par par is 2 points, net birdie 3 points, net bogey 1 point, anything more than bogey 0 points. You could take a 10 on 1 hole and not be any worse off than someone scoring a double bogey.

its a decent format 

Aye it's decent like 

4 minutes ago, Gazdavis11 said:

its a decent format 

I'll see if @fcumkev9898 is available to change the rest of the events to this method then (apart from the finale at Augusta)

It doesn't all have to be the format but just mix them up I guess

23 minutes ago, Red Rhinoceros said:

This is pretty ironic considering the massive hissy fit you pulled over the King of the Hill Fifa handicap :lol:

You know you can't just make things up right? :lol: 

45 minutes ago, Red Rhinoceros said:

You clearly didn't see my last 4 rounds :lol:

I would be good if I tried as hard as Joe and practiced the tournament courses 40 times before playing it, but I pretty much only okay the tournament round, so by the time I get back in the swing of it I've already f**ked my chances!

That and the rage is very strong on this game!