595d3e45b427f_TGCTour.thumb.png.ec33cd98b52ed17afdc5d1dfcb2cfde8.png

Round 6: St Andrews Links Old Course - Aug 10th to Aug 14th

image.thumb.png.4fc2aacba415319e809e7e16929e7c9d.png

image-2.thumb.png.c3ea49b120dee197348d07739af223f5.png

Setup

Rounds: 4

Tees: White

Pins: Round 1 - 1, Round 2 - 2, Round 3 - 3, Round 4 - 4

Buy In: 500 coins, split 50/50 between Society and Round (helps build the Society up)

Handicaps: Enabled

Extra Info

Xbox One President: @ninjabean87 - The only person who can accept people into the society to enter the tournament

PS4 Society President: @fcumkev9898 - The only person who can accept people into the society to enter the tournament

Society Name: FLM Clubhouse (same for both XB1 + PS4)

Apologies for the lateness of this post but been at work full days the past few days

+7 after Round 1 :lol: them greens where the hole is raised f**ked me as i struggled to get up the banks without wanting to overhit everything

Finished -16 playing off scratch

Only the third round was a disappointment, really. Ended up even par for the round but had an eagle, so definitely could have been better.

Happy with that, though, other than the fact that Win at all costs Joe tanked his handicap back up nicely to finish -27 net.

1 minute ago, Goldenbeard said:

Finished -16 playing off scratch

Only the third round was a disappointment, really. Ended up even par for the round but had an eagle, so definitely could have been better.

Happy with that, though, other than the fact that Win at all costs Joe tanked his handicap back up nicely to finish -27 net.

You are such a bad loser :lol: 

Rounds of 73, 68, 67 and 72 for me. Had a meltdown on the last 2 holes and dropped 4 shots which would have had me another 68 without 

Definitely getting better, my putting is well improved

The handicap thing is a bit mental in how it works it out but is much needed 

Round 1 - 75 and my handicap went up from 12.9 to 14 despite a gross of only 3 over par

Round 2 - 80 handicap up to 14.4 despite again beating my handicap with a gross 8 over

Round 3 - 85 so my worst round and barely goes up to 14.6

Round 4 - 84 and stays at 14.6

Gross score would be 36 over par so we need handicaps on but I don't see how it shoots up when I have a round that smashes my handicap yet stays similar when I go round in about my handicap

It should have gone down after round 1 when I was 8 under nett 

I don't know if the handicap system is broken because frankly I know f**k all about golf and how it's supposed to work

My last 14 rounds I know for certain were 2 practice rounds on Firestone, the 4 event rounds, 4 practice rounds on St Andrews and the 4 event rounds. I've been getting a bit better and have had no real mares on any of the rounds, everything has been in the range of -4 to +2 and my handicap has only moved from 7.3 to 6.0

Is there a defined number of your previous rounds that it's based on? 

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

I don't know if the handicap system is broken because frankly I know f**k all about golf and how it's supposed to work

My last 14 rounds I know for certain were 2 practice rounds on Firestone, the 4 event rounds, 4 practice rounds on St Andrews and the 4 event rounds. I've been getting a bit better and have had no real mares on any of the rounds, everything has been in the range of -4 to +2 and my handicap has only moved from 7.3 to 6.0

Is there a defined number of your previous rounds that it's based on? 

Plus all the rounds you play while appearing offline, purposely scoring high to get your handicap up

2 minutes ago, Goldenbeard said:

Plus all the rounds you play while appearing offline, purposely scoring high to get your handicap up

I wish I had time, we already established that you must have played about 800 rounds when you were 'moving' so this must be a guilty conscience 

Goldenbeard likes this

The game calculates handicap much different than real golf. In real golf every round you play is compared with the Competition Standard Scratch. Play worse that it and you only get 0.1 added, so your handicap moves out very slowly, in fact you can only go out by one shot in a calendar year, play better than the scratch and you handicap is reduced by a multiple of what you beat the scratch score by, depending on handicap level.

As I understand it handicap in the game looks at the slope rating of the course. 

St Andrews the slope rating is 63.4 Beat that score ( taking your handicap into account )  your handicap comes down, do worse that that and your handicap goes up. This is as I understand it but I have not exactly figured out the full calculations but I will in time :D

Joe likes this

5 minutes ago, Berty44 said:

The game calculates handicap much different than real golf. In real golf every round you play is compared with the Competition Standard Scratch. Play worse that it and you only get 0.1 added, so your handicap moves out very slowly, in fact you can only go out by one shot in a calendar year, play better than the scratch and you handicap is reduced by a multiple of what you beat the scratch score by, depending on handicap level.

As I understand it handicap in the game looks at the slope rating of the course. 

St Andrews the slope rating is 63.4 Beat that score ( taking your handicap into account )  your handicap comes down, do worse that that and your handicap goes up. This is as I understand it but I have not exactly figured out the full calculations but I will in time :D

It uses the American system.

Average of your best 10 rounds out of the last 20

6 minutes ago, Red Rhinoceros said:

I finished at -18 which was third I think 

no @ninjabean87 or @Tiernobyl unfortunately 

not @Nuuthatch either 

Managed one round. I think the timings for us casual golfers is too tight. Thursday to Sunday isn't enough time. I could definately do all 4 rounds in a week.

and besides what's the rush for back to back events :D

@ninjabean87 can we poll everyone as it's a great society but needs to be slightly extended or its gonna be like this all the time and that will kill it off :up:

only my opipnion of a part timer gamer :rock:

22 minutes ago, Red Rhinoceros said:

I finished at -18 which was third I think 

no @ninjabean87 or @Tiernobyl unfortunately 

not @Nuuthatch either 

Yeah fell asleep early last night which is when I planned to do my final 2 rounds

12 minutes ago, Nuuthatch said:

Managed one round. I think the timings for us casual golfers is too tight. Thursday to Sunday isn't enough time. I could definately do all 4 rounds in a week.

and besides what's the rush for back to back events :D

@ninjabean87 can we poll everyone as it's a great society but needs to be slightly extended or its gonna be like this all the time and that will kill it off :up:

only my opipnion of a part timer gamer :rock:

All will be looked before the start of Season 2. No changes will be made for the rest of this one.

I'm with Nuut on the timings. I struggled to get the 4 rounds in for this tournament 

Whilst I disagree .....( it only takes 30 minutes a round ... ) 

maybe 3 normal tournaments starting on Thursday and finishing on Sunday as proper golf... 

then the 4th  could be a major against Thurs to Sun 

5,6,7 normal tournaments , 8 is a major etc 

16 week season 

That's one tournament per week. Why not start them on a Monday to Sunday rather than restricting them to Thursday -Sunday,

Also having the tournament on the course that either the US Tour or European Tour are playing that week would add huge enjoyment to it. Last week playing Firestone when they were playing it in the US made it brilliant watching the real golf having "played" the course.

Edited by Berty44
Typo

10 hours ago, Red Rhinoceros said:

Whilst I disagree .....( it only takes 30 minutes a round ... ) 

maybe 3 normal tournaments starting on Thursday and finishing on Sunday as proper golf... 

then the 4th  could be a major against Thurs to Sun 

5,6,7 normal tournaments , 8 is a major etc 

16 week season 

Ok if you play every night. I love the golf but  don't have lots of spare time, however 1week 1 event would make it more appealing and keep the longevity of it :up:

I agree with both of you lads 

Monday to Sunday  - one tournament per week sounds good. 

If you have 3 tournaments then a major ....  each of the tournaments could be different maybe  ?  a stableford  ,  a stroke play handicap  etc ....  

maybe a matchplay event too at some stage .... although this would have to be played over more than a week due to getting on at the same time 

Nuuthatch likes this

@ninjabean87 anyway you can edit these so they last longer as per the comments above, I've struggled the last two tournaments as well.  

Can I still do the rounds or is it closed?  

1 minute ago, Tiernobyl said:

Can I still do the rounds or is it closed?  

Closed now bud

Just now, ninjabean87 said:

Closed now bud

Gutted as I love St Andrews

2 minutes ago, Tiernobyl said:

@ninjabean87 anyway you can edit these so they last longer as per the comments above, I've struggled the last two tournaments as well.  

Editing would require the PS4 side to be edited too but not getting any response from @fcumkev9898 from trying to change some events to stableford so can't see much luck in changing event dates.

This is why I said most stuff will be ironed out in Season 2

Berty44 likes this