Sign in to follow this  
ninjabean87

TGC2 PS4 Tour Issues

@gregg1991 @Hulldolfan @Dom86Gtfc @Curfish @starkefc @Gazdavis11 @rising star

These are the ones i know of who play The Golf Club 2 on PS4. You may or may not come across issues towards the back end of the first season, unfortunately I havent got the funds to purchase a game on both consoles to setup events for PS4 and Xbox users which is why it was left in the hands of another member. Somewhere along the line something went wrong and i made numerous attempts to try and rectify it with the Club president of that side but got nowhere. I can only apologise for you's missing out.

Going forward, we are looking at kicking off Season 2 on Monday, I will be setting up the courses and season for the Xbox side over the weekend so will have the schedule to pass over to somebody on PS4. It's looking likely that a new Clubhouse will have to be setup and someone to take charge of it on that side if you's want to continue (it would be a shame if you's couldnt). 

So basically, who wants to take control to continue this for your side? It's not hard work, the full schedule will just need to be entered and it basically runs itself. I'll give it til Saturday night, if i hear nothing or nobody can be f**ked to do it then the Xbox side will just continue playing and no f**ks will be given to you lot.

• Like 1

I will sort it :up:

Will create a new club and post the details in here later.

Would be good to get a master leaderboard for Season 2 going with points awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishes or something (similar to the Formula 1 scoring maybe?) 

@DavoteK can surely sort a bit of cash for the winners or for those who complete all the events in a season or something :shifty: 

• Like 2

I don't mind doing it unless someone who plays more regularly fancies it, certainly don't want to be losing any community events for any games on the ps4 side so if no one else comes forward put me down 

• Like 1

Shows how lacking in a decent golf game the Xbox and PS4 is if this game is getting so much attention.  They've done a lot right but a lot of it is just garbage.  

7 minutes ago, Tiernobyl said:

Shows how lacking in a decent golf game the Xbox and PS4 is if this game is getting so much attention.  They've done a lot right but a lot of it is just garbage.  

What do you find garbage? :g: 

Just now, rising star said:

What do you find garbage? :g: 

The glitching, the slow menus, the s**te commentary, the music, the slow as f**k menus, the feeling that the game is half-arsed, the strange physics.

It does a lot well like I say but it still feels kind of s**tty.

39 minutes ago, Tiernobyl said:

The glitching, the slow menus, the s**te commentary, the music, the slow as f**k menus, the feeling that the game is half-arsed, the strange physics.

Menus are s**t but I actually thought the game plays pretty well :g:and actually offers a decent test as a good game rather than the ea games which were too easy! 

I just wish I had the time to play it more :lol: but cheers @rising star for stepping in, I should be able to get my rounds in for this season :up:

46 minutes ago, Tiernobyl said:

All true, but isn't that why it was half the price of an EA game? :lol: 

Gameplay wise I think it's head and shoulders above the tiger games, can put up with some s**t menus and crap commentary for that

Also, the range of courses is different class 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Joe said:

All true, but isn't that why it was half the price of an EA game? :lol: 

Gameplay wise I think it's head and shoulders above the tiger games, can put up with some s**t menus and crap commentary for that

Also, the range of courses is different class 

Agree and like I said they do a lot right.

I just think the physics of the game are a bit wank, and I still get glitches all the time especially in my back swing.  Things happen that are inconsistent.  It could have been polished off a bit better, and there seems to be no maintaining of the game, no bug fixes.

It still feels like somebody could come along and do a better job.

There was an bug update a few weeks ago ( mid August ) which sorted out some stuff. One in particular was "potential improvement made for those experiencing hitching in their back swing on PC and Consoles". That being said I've never noticed any bugs in the swing mechanics, my bad results have been from bad swings.

Hands down the best golf game I've ever played, as Joseph noted the ability to play so many courses alone is outstanding, making it a game we could be still playing in a years time.

1 hour ago, Tiernobyl said:

Agree and like I said they do a lot right.

I just think the physics of the game are a bit wank, and I still get glitches all the time especially in my back swing.  Things happen that are inconsistent.  It could have been polished off a bit better, and there seems to be no maintaining of the game, no bug fixes.

It still feels like somebody could come along and do a better job.

I sound like a golf club fanboy but there's been 2 title updates so far, fixing bugs :lol: 

Also, you are starting to sound a bit like @Goldenbeard, you'll be saying the game is out to get you next 

• Like 2

Just seems a bit s**t, can't see the longevity myself. 

On bug fixes / updates here is an excellent one which should be in the next update: Staggered Leaderboards: This will hide results of those who have already completed an event and they will progress as you complete your rounds.

• Like 3

On 7 September 2017 at 4:27 PM, ninjabean87 said:

@Scott-RFC @Mr-Masta @giib Also own this I think.

New club has been set up lads. 

Club is called FLM PS4 if you send a request to join I'll be on tomorrow evening to accept. The first 2 events have been added to the schedule, I'll add the rest of the events to the schedule during the week. 

Our first one ends on Saturday which is a day before it should because the stupid game treats a Sunday end date as though the event closes as soon as Sunday starts rather than ends. Will sort for the remainder so it runs in sync with the Xbox.

• Like 1

We mixing the type of events up or all going to be strokeplay?

1 minute ago, Gazdavis11 said:

We mixing the type of events up or all going to be strokeplay?

Come on Gaz, it's literally the thread below :lol: 

• Like 1