Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ninjabean87

TGC2 - Season 2 Info

Recommended Posts

Any lads from the PS4 side fancy doing a couple of the rounds tonight at some point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do people still want the individual threads for each event with the pictures? Or would you be happy with just a schedule post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ninjabean87 said:

Do people still want the individual threads for each event with the pictures? Or would you be happy with just a schedule post?

Schedule post is fine with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2017 at 2:45 PM, rising star said:

I played the Belfry a few months ago and the greens are nowhere near as fast as they are in the game. Silly some of the downslopes on greens, it's literally impossible to get some putt's close even if you just tap the ball 

A load of this!!! The belfry is a great course and looks class in the game... But the greens are not from the Belfry! :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, starkefc said:

A load of this!!! The belfry is a great course and looks class in the game... But the greens are not from the Belfry! :lol: 

Can say same for pretty much any of the user made courses to be honest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, starkefc said:

A load of this!!! The belfry is a great course and looks class in the game... But the greens are not from the Belfry! :lol: 

Could it depend on when he's modelled it from :g: I know some use GPS and some course guides etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ninjabean87 said:

Could it depend on when he's modelled it from :g: I know some use GPS and some course guides etc. 

I'm talking more the speed, there is not a single green at The Belfry where simply starting the ball to roll on a downslope will result in the ball going 40 feet past the hole :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you restricting the event to the tour set of clubs which is the most realistic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Terry_HQ said:

Are you restricting the event to the tour set of clubs which is the most realistic?

no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/09/2017 at 9:54 AM, ninjabean87 said:

no

Cool thanks for the confirmation :up:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lytham was frustrating. Had the worst round I've had for ages on 1 with a +9 79, I couldn't have done much more wrong. Then shot 69, 72 and 69 to finish on +9 which seems to be competitive, goldendickhead is winning on +5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Joe said:

Lytham was frustrating. Had the worst round I've had for ages on 1 with a +9 79, I couldn't have done much more wrong. Then shot 69, 72 and 69 to finish on +9 which seems to be competitive, goldendickhead is winning on +5

Wow, I thought I had a mediocre event :shifty: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rising star said:

Wow, I thought I had a mediocre event :shifty: 

How is your score so low?

I forgot to add your Ghost to my last round, I don't think I'm terrible but I get no where near your scores!

Would you say its your approach shots or putting :g:I drop a few silly shots on the greens and my approach shots can drift off thee green, but i'm way back from you..... :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, starkefc said:

How is your score so low?

I forgot to add your Ghost to my last round, I don't think I'm terrible but I get no where near your scores!

Would you say its your approach shots or putting :g:I drop a few silly shots on the greens and my approach shots can drift off thee green, but i'm way back from you..... :lol:

Don't know really, haven't seen you play so can't really gauge. I normally hit fairly decent approach shots and rarely take more than 2 putts a hole so I don't often pick up bogeys. Sprinkle in a few birdies along the way and it gradually gets you into the below par scores. 

Saying that I used the hard clubs for my 3rd round and I was all over the place with those :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rising star said:

Don't know really, haven't seen you play so can't really gauge. I normally hit fairly decent approach shots and rarely take more than 2 putts a hole so I don't often pick up bogeys. Sprinkle in a few birdies along the way and it gradually gets you into the below par scores. 

Saying that I used the hard clubs for my 3rd round and I was all over the place with those :lol: 

yeah, I did play against your Ghost at the belfry and we would be on the same patch of grass from the tee, then generally not too far apart on the green.... :g:

I do lose concentration at times and I think this is such a good game I get punished for that! spread over 4 rounds, the gap between us gets bigger!

I simply must try harder I think :lol: I enjoy the challenge of this game and I'll catch you up :shifty:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

k sorted and req sent @fcumkev9898   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noob question for Golf in general I think :lol: 

But Clubs, when you line up for your shots, is the club automatically selected generally the best option? Or beyond the Tee, do folk try stealing a few extra feet with something else? Likewise the direction you're automatically facing, I always zoom into the area I'm heading, but is the default line generally the correct line? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jakey Fantastic said:

Noob question for Golf in general I think :lol: 

But Clubs, when you line up for your shots, is the club automatically selected generally the best option? Or beyond the Tee, do folk try stealing a few extra feet with something else? Likewise the direction you're automatically facing, I always zoom into the area I'm heading, but is the default line generally the correct line? 

Both are generally best yeah. There is stuff that you will have to adjust for though, things like the wind, the hole being higher or lower etc But when everything is standard you’re generally good 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joe said:

Both are generally best yeah. There is stuff that you will have to adjust for though, things like the wind, the hole being higher or lower etc But when everything is standard you’re generally good 

Nice. On the swing, am I right in thinking its best if it's one sweeping motion on the stick? Think I've been guilty of having it in 2 parts with a slight pause after the backswing :g:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jakey Fantastic said:

Nice. On the swing, am I right in thinking its best if it's one sweeping motion on the stick? Think I've been guilty of having it in 2 parts with a slight pause after the backswing :g:

A bit in between for me, pretty much a smooth motion with a slight pause

The tutorial really helps with that, once you're regularly getting perfect/perfect it's going to go loads better. Getting fast/slow is going to move the ball left or right 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Joe said:

A bit in between for me, pretty much a smooth motion with a slight pause

The tutorial really helps with that, once you're regularly getting perfect/perfect it's going to go loads better. Getting fast/slow is going to move the ball left or right 

Ahhh nice. Aye, should probably spend more time practicing that than jumping straight in really :lol: 

Cheers dude :rock: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×