Sign in to follow this  
ninjabean87

TGC2 - Season 2 Info

Courses/Course Order

I've chosen real life courses from the thread over on the TGC2 forum and courses which I don't think we played in Season 1.

The Belfry - HC

Royal Lytham and St Annes - NHC

The Olympic Club - SF

Woburn - HC

The National Golf Club of Canada - SF

Blue Devil - HC

PGA National - Major - NHC

Quail Hollow - SF

Druids Glen - NHC

Whistling Straits - HC

Links at Lighthouse Sound - SF

Waialae Country Club - Major - NHC

Vallentuna - HC

Le Golf National - Major - NHC

HC = Handicap on

NHC = Handicap off

SF = Stableford

Start date

Starts Monday 11th with each course open til Sunday. It's a long schedule that runs up til the middle of December.

Extra Info

I will be looking at creating 1 leaderboard that will mix both XB1 and PS4. I haven't decided on how points will be distributed yet but if anyone has an idea fire it over :up:. To buy into a event it will now cost 1000 coins (think this was set at 500 previous). The reason for this will be up to upgrade the clubhouses, I've pumped a lot of my own coin into so far.

More info to follow later

• Like 6

Good stuff

I remember whistling straights being a pookeynoodle on Rory, so that should be fun on this!

Niiiiiice, looking forward to this 

Any chance of having a major with handicapped scoring? Be nice for us lesser lights to have a major we could be in the running for. 

I was planning on having courses match up to the PGA/EUR Tours but most courses weren't available :( 

Just now, ThePacFish said:

Any chance of having a major with handicapped scoring? Be nice for us lesser lights to have a major we could be in the running for. 

Could maybe change one to stableford :g:  

1 minute ago, ninjabean87 said:

possibly a better option, gives people a chance despite having the odd horrific hole! :lol:

All looks good though :up:

2 minutes ago, ninjabean87 said:

I get they are the big test etc. Just be nice to have 1 out of them as one anyone can win rather than the top dogs :up: 

@ninjabean87  with very few seemingly playing on the PS4 side if you can create a xbox and ps4 leaderboard that would be decent! :rock:

Kept missing these with the short windows so extending for the week is good :2up: 

Top work lad 

@ninjabean87 seriously awesome job fella.

Can't wait to come third from last in most of these courses 😅😅

Bring on Late Night Golf

• Like 1

Just started inputting these courses in and got the 3rd one and can't make the event Stableford :g: any ideas why i wouldnt be able to?

Just now, ninjabean87 said:

Just started inputting these courses in and got the 3rd one and can't make the event Stableford :g: any ideas why i wouldnt be able to?

Is it handicap compatible? Created courses have to be played a certain number of times to be rated

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Is it handicap compatible? Created courses have to be played a certain number of times to be rated

They all have the HCP symbol upto now which i've entered

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ninjabean87 said:

Any idea @Berty44

I cannot see anywhere an explanation of how to set that up but with deadline day I've not really had a chance but it's certainly not something simple

Bad news. You can't set up stableford tournaments in Societies yet. It's on a request list for to be included in an update ( it was in the last version seemingly ). This is info per the HB Forums site

Since stableford's are currently unavailable, tournaments will be ran as Handicaps then Non Handicaps throughout the season. The only change will be the final Major which will see back to back NonHC. 

If stablefords do become available the schedule will change again. Sorry to the s**t players who would of maybe had a chance :lol: 

• Like 2

Super course the Belfry, excellent choice. Remembering some of the holes from the Ryder Cup there. Its beautifully presented and its a very interesting course. No point in going there with anything fast going on in your swing, loads of water and the greens are so tricky. In practice I had a 6ft birdie putt on a par 3 and walked off with a 7 :lol: A great test of all parts of your game.

• Like 1

I should add a cool thing we found last night in the game. Playing a practice round on the Belfry with Rhino and he hit a rare terrible shot on a hole we were playing. He paused and went to the game's instant replay to try and see what had he done wrong on his swing to make the ball go where it did. I also paused and had the option of looking not only at my replay but also his which was pretty cool.  What wasn't cool was his outfit :lol:

11 minutes ago, Berty44 said:

I should add a cool thing we found last night in the game. Playing a practice round on the Belfry with Rhino and he hit a rare terrible shot on a hole we were playing. He paused and went to the game's instant replay to try and see what had he done wrong on his swing to make the ball go where it did. I also paused and had the option of looking not only at my replay but also his which was pretty cool.  What wasn't cool was his outfit :lol:

Ffs, why did you tell everyone that?

Not only will I now have to hear "That's a lovely shot, Joe" I'll now have to wait while he replays it 50 times!

• Like 2

I played the Belfry a few months ago and the greens are nowhere near as fast as they are in the game. Silly some of the downslopes on greens, it's literally impossible to get some putt's close even if you just tap the ball 

6 minutes ago, Goldenbeard said:

Ffs, why did you tell everyone that?

Not only will I now have to hear "That's a lovely shot, Joe" I'll now have to wait while he replays it 50 times!

I'm surprised you hear my self praise over all your moaning 

• Like 2