Sign in to follow this  
Tunners1

Fm 18 touch

When is fm 18 touch out and any one know what price

Buying this for the iPad definitely.

AND I'll play it more than twice as well :D 

Gutted it is delayed but defo getting it for I pad 

I always found the touch versions weren't as vast as the desktop versions is that still the case ?

Do you mean the touch or mobile version?

The touch version is like the FM Classic or whatever they call it these days. Closest thing to CM01/02. I ain't got time for all that team talk nonsense and other crap they throw in. 

3 minutes ago, DavoteK said:

The touch version is like the FM Classic or whatever they call it these days. Closest thing to CM01/02. I ain't got time for all that team talk nonsense and other crap they throw in. 

Does it work as well on tablets as it does on the laptop?

All I ever play is the touch version; but my laptop is painfully slow. Was going to invest in a new laptop but might just buy a tablet instead. Is it not a bit fiddly with the smaller screen and no mouse? 

33 minutes ago, DavoteK said:

Think it was a iPad mini that i played the old touch mode on I used to always buy some guy called Oyvind Hoas on the PC version but he was never available on the touch

1 hour ago, rising star said:

Does it work as well on tablets as it does on the laptop?

All I ever play is the touch version; but my laptop is painfully slow. Was going to invest in a new laptop but might just buy a tablet instead. Is it not a bit fiddly with the smaller screen and no mouse? 

Really good on Ipad, like Davo said its like the OLD FM/CM removes all the fancy s**t but has way more than the mobile version. 

2 minutes ago, j0rd4n500 said:

Really good on Ipad, like Davo said its like the OLD FM/CM removes all the fancy s**t but has way more than the mobile version. 

Yeah I play the same mode on the laptop; just thought it might be a bit awkward on the ipad. Are all ipad's compatible? My Mrs has a really old one; I might stick it on that and see how it works before investing in one.

Just now, rising star said:

Yeah I play the same mode on the laptop; just thought it might be a bit awkward on the ipad. Are all ipad's compatible? My Mrs has a really old one; I might stick it on that and see how it works before investing in one.

I'm not sure mate I got the first Ipad air and it works fine. This is a list of compatible: https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-touch-2017/compatible-devices/supported-devices-on-ios-and-android-r290/ 

14 minutes ago, rising star said:

It’s designed specifically for tablets so shouldn’t be any issues, I play the balls off it and love it 

If you look at it on the App Store it’ll tell you the minimum version of iOS you need to play it, if your old iPad can be upgraded to that you’ll be fine. Obviously depends how old it is. You can buy a new one for about £380 now though so might just be easier!

14 minutes ago, Joe said:

It’s designed specifically for tablets so shouldn’t be any issues, I play the balls off it and love it 

If you look at it on the App Store it’ll tell you the minimum version of iOS you need to play it, if your old iPad can be upgraded to that you’ll be fine. Obviously depends how old it is. You can buy a new one for about £380 now though so might just be easier!

I take it I don't need to buy off the App Store; ie the version I've bought on Steam already will work on iPad also?

14 minutes ago, rising star said:

I take it I don't need to buy off the App Store; ie the version I've bought on Steam already will work on iPad also?

Nah, you’d need to buy the iOS version I think! They’re both called FM Touch but they’re actually different games. I remember thinking it was brilliant value last year that you got Touch with the main game, then realising you couldn’t play that one on the iPad 

I've used it on an iPad Air, worked ok, lot quicker on the iPad Pro. Limited to 3 leagues as opposed to being able to whack a load of leagues on with the desktop version. 

But the interface works well. 

Bought it last year for my Jollies on the iPad, looks tidy, ran no bother, but i must admit, i found navigating a bit of a faff to the point i rarely went beyond the opening few games before it felt a chore. One of the things i love about FM is the rabbit hole effect, from looking at one players club history, seeing an obscure club, finding a player in said club who's national team piques your interest to then looking at their U-21 squad before finding some random free agent. Spend hours doing f**k all but loving it nonetheless, whilst you've got the players to do that in the Touch version, it just felt an effort. 

The whole tactical affair i can leave, think i want more than what the touch offers but less than the full game. I guess that's what my assistant is for :lol: 

Anyone know if the version you purchase will work on a MacBook ?

It lists PC,Mac,LInux in the top corner of the box been years since I bought a PC game lol

• Like 1

Or should I just get the Touch version for my IPad Mini ?

Wasn’t going to bother with this but ended up getting full version for £15 from Kidderminster Harriers club shop.

Probably worth checking your local team for stock.

Sign in to follow this