Sign in to follow this  
Nightowl2007

Xbox Controller Charge Problem

Past couple of weeks I’ve been having a right game with my controller charging via play and charge kit.

When i connect it to the controller it vibrates and I leave it for a bit and come back and pull the wire out and the controller is still dead won’t turn on at all. I put batteries in it and it connected straight away so controller must be fine.

The play and charge kit was a couple year old so thought maybe it battery had gone faulty so got a new one Sunday from Argos and tried that, same problem connects controller vibrates and doesn’t charge.

The wire on both play and charge kits doesn’t stay on it flickers when put in first but doesn’t stay on to indicate charging.

Okay so controller must be f**ked after all, contact Microsoft but without and proof of purchase wasn’t expecting much luck. They go through usual spiel, turns out console still in warranty via a serial number check and I’ll replace it free of charge. Sorted.

Its Black Friday/Cyber Monday so deals are a plenty, so I figure I’ll pick up a spare controller just in case.

Get it home plug it on in battery pack (new one) etc SAME PROBLEM!!

Controller doesn’t charge! :wall: 

17 minutes ago, Nightowl2007 said:

Past couple of weeks I’ve been having a right game with my controller charging via play and charge kit.

When i connect it to the controller it vibrates and I leave it for a bit and come back and pull the wire out and the controller is still dead won’t turn on at all. I put batteries in it and it connected straight away so controller must be fine.

The play and charge kit was a couple year old so thought maybe it battery had gone faulty so got a new one Sunday from Argos and tried that, same problem connects controller vibrates and doesn’t charge.

The wire on both play and charge kits doesn’t stay on it flickers when put in first but doesn’t stay on to indicate charging.

Okay so controller must be f**ked after all, contact Microsoft but without and proof of purchase wasn’t expecting much luck. They go through usual spiel, turns out console still in warranty via a serial number check and I’ll replace it free of charge. Sorted.

Its Black Friday/Cyber Monday so deals are a plenty, so I figure I’ll pick up a spare controller just in case.

Get it home plug it on in battery pack (new one) etc SAME PROBLEM!!

Controller doesn’t charge! :wall: 

Tried a different usb port on the Xbox?

Just now, Goldenbeard said:

Tried a different usb port on the Xbox?

I have yeah, got a 1TB Xbox One S for the record.

different cable? 

1 hour ago, DiodeX said:

different cable? 

Yeah, tried 2 different charge cables and battery packs

have you tried using a wall USB charger from a phone or charging from a PC/Laptop? 

Okay I’m a dickhead, I had the battery the wrong way round :lol::lol: 

I will go hide now.

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Nightowl2007 said:

Okay I’m a dickhead, I had the battery the wrong way round :lol::lol: 

I will go hide now.

Lol, brave man to admit that :lmao: 

At least it is sorted.

• Thanks 1

Never understood the play and charge kits since I bought one and took it apart to find it had 2 energizer batteries inside :lol: 

Since then just invested in rechargeable batteries have about 20 in various locations at various stages of charged-nearly charged-nearly dead-f**ked

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuggi said:

Never understood the play and charge kits since I bought one and took it apart to find it had 2 energizer batteries inside :lol: 

Since then just invested in rechargeable batteries have about 20 in various locations at various stages of charged-nearly charged-nearly dead-f**ked

Aye done that wi the 360 play and charge kit when it wouldnt charge :lol:

Dime bar for 0hil

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this